Course websites with lectures notes, code snippets, and links to problem sets and other materials.
- Arnold, Taylor and Lauren Tilton. Humanities Data in R: Exploring Networks, Geospatial Data, Images, and Text. New York: Springer International Publishing, 2015. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-20702-5].
- Arnold, Taylor, Lauren Tilton, Stacey Maples, and Laura Wexler. “Uncovering Latent Metadata in the FSA-OWI Photographic Archive.” Digital Humanities Quarterly. To Appear. [link]
- Arnold, Taylor and Ryan Tibshirani. “Efficient Implementations of the Generalized Lasso Dual Path Algorithm.” Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics. doi: [10.1080/10618600.2015.1043010].
- Grippo, Tomas, John Liu, Nazlee Zebardast, Taylor Arnold, Grant Moore, and Robert Weinreb. “Twenty-Four–Hour Pattern of Intraocular Pressure in Untreated Patients with Ocular Hypertension.” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 54.1 (2013): 512-517. doi: [10.1167/iovs.12-10709].
- Arnold, Taylor, and John Emerson. “Nonparametric Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Discrete Null Distributions.” The R Journal 3.2 (2011): 34-39. [link].
- Emerson, John, and Taylor Arnold. “Statistical Sleuthing by Leveraging Human Nature: A Study of Olympic Figure Skating.” The American Statistician 65.3 (2011). doi: [10.1198/tast.2011.10165].
- Russett, Bruce, and Taylor Arnold. “Who Talks, and Who’s Listening? Networks of International Security Studies.” Security Dialogue 41.6 (2010): 589-598. doi: [10.1177/0967010610388205].
Manuscripts in Submission
- Arnold, Taylor. “An Entropy Maximizing Geohash for Distributed Spatiotemporal Database Indexing." ACM Transactions on Spatial Algorithms and Systems (TSAS). Currently under revision. [arXiv:1506.05158 [cs.DB]].
- Arnold, Taylor, Michael Kane, and Simon Urbanek. “High-Performance I/O Tools for R.” R Journal. Currently under revision. [arxiv.org:1510.00041 [stat.CO]].
- Arnold, Taylor. Case Studies in Large-Scale Statistical Learning. Proposal currently under revision for inclusion in the series Springer Texts in Statistics.
- Arnold, Taylor. “Sparse Density Representations for Simultaneous Inference
on Large Spatial Datasets.” Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS). Submitted September 2015. [arXiv:1510.00755 [stat.CO, cs.DS]].
- Arnold, Taylor, “Defining the Charter: Judicial Activism and the Supreme Court of Canada.” American Political Science Association 2012 Annual Meeting Paper. [link].
- Arnold, Taylor. “User-Oriented High-Dimensional Linear Model Estimation.” In JSM Proceedings, Statistical Computing Section. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association. 2429-2443.
Open source software projects that I am currently working on include:
- genlasso: Path algorithm for generalized lasso problems.
- glmgen: Fast generalized lasso implementations.
- iotools: High-preformance I/O tools to run distributed R jobs seamlessly on Hadoop and handle chunk-wise data processing
- hmr: High-performance Hadoop Map/Reduce R interface based on iotools
- roctopus: Distributed access to dataframes and matricies, as well as related algorithms, built on top of iotools and hmr.
- Photogrammar: A web-based platform for organizing, searching, and visualizing the 170,000 photographs from 1935 to 1945 created by the United States Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information (FSA-OWI).